Friday, June 7, 2019

Big Leagues : Quarter Season Update

Four weeks of game time in the books and there was tons of showdown played. there have been 72 games played out since May 20th, safe to say my life the last 2 and a half weeks has been showdown and golf, which brings me to my next point PGA Showdown coming in 2020, OKAY I'm just kidding about that. But I have been having so much fun playing out this league and watching how one roll can change the course of a game. All the teams are so close in talent, strengths and weaknesses that I don't think we will have a division winner in either division until very late in the season. Enjoy the breakdown of the first four weeks of action across the league.

Before I get into the league fun I wanted to clarify a few things that have come up in emails with some of the owners, first of all Each add/drop counts as 1 move, a trade with a team that is not yours is a free move, and trading between a team that you own in the middle league and big league counts a 1 roster move.You can drop a player freely with it not counting against your moves, but if you add someone it will count.

For your teams future: The players you selected with your first 10 picks are eligible for you to choose the 18 or 19 card, with the point total of the 18 card even if you choose 19 card, but you cannot choose the 18 card with the 19 point total. Anyone drafted after the top 10 or you picked up through waivers or trades you get the 2019 card on your roster. That is a 20 person roster if everyone gets a 2019 version of a card. On top of that there will be a 10 round draft once the 2019 set has been made of all the players that are not on teams that you will be able to make a 30 person roster, while also being able to make the cuts to get your team down to the salary cap.

For those thinking about their 2019 card potential, make sure you follow @BobBumbarger for his weekly power rankings on twitter, and @Bradley72366782 for his awesome designs on the power rankings cards.

Lets start with the standings:


Tons of parody across the league with the worst record being only 3 games out of the division lead, one quick sweep or a few series wins strung together and the bottom teams are right back at the top.
most impressive is the Cleveland Titans going 7-5 while have a -16 run differential.

Lets visit the team statistics:

While typing this up I noticed an error saying the crush are 5-7 but they are 4-8. The Blasters lead the league in WHIP and ERA keeping them in the games, Offense needs to get going for them to really take it up a notch.

Batting Stats
You can see now the Blasters have 30 own chart outs which if was cut by a third might have won a game or two. Leading the league in OC and hits but third last in RBI shows the struggles that they are having. Fiers has an error they have 136 hits as a team not 36. they lead the league with a .300 average and on base with a .362 OB%. The crush are running away with the steals lead.

I was going to post screen grabs of every team stats, but i figured I would give out the link to the spreadsheet so you can just look at each teams page.
https://docs.google.com/a/kent.edu/spreadsheets/d/1AVMJ4eqp5NKs3-H_jOqIzJAlJOxymjTxpF2sPqq2KLE/edit?usp=sheets_web

But here are the league leaders:





Playing these games out has shown me the importance of a bullpen. The starter struggles and going to a bullpen with only 2 solid pitchers makes things tougher as the series goes on. I can't wait to see the stats play out a little longer and see what happens with a 48 game sample size. 

All Star Voting/All Star Weekend
So I wanted to make ballots for everyone here to vote, but its been tough for me to figure out exactly how to do that, so I play a lot of fan duel, and I decided to use their scoring system as a way to tally all star votes. I put all of that into the spreadsheet so its by all your players names. For all star weekend which will be after week, whatever team that is in first place for each division will captain the leading vote recipients from each division into battle for division supremacy. All Star should be a pretty good time so see the best of the best from this league battle it out. Also there will be a home run derby, and strikeout contest. Top 8 in each ranking will make these two contests. Finally the first event of the weekend will be the USA vs the World game. This game will include the best players born in the USA vs the best from everywhere else, but these teams will not be permitted to use players that made the all star game. The same All Star points will be used to determine who makes these teams. 

All Star weekend Schedule
Day 1 USA vs World Game
Day 2 Homer Run Derby & Strikeout Contest
Day 3 All Star Game Jones vs Sheffield

Top Points So Far
Jones Division

Sheffield Division



Also here is the remaining schedule for the rest of the season 

There is a ton of stuff to take in here, so please if you have any questions feel free to ask them down in the comments. As well as non league players that made it this far into the post, if this is something you would be interested in joining, the 2019 season will be here before we know it, and we may be adding some expansion teams so let us know. 

4 comments:

  1. Although it's sick that I lead the league in hits and OBP, I also have 4 bombs as team. This needs to be fixed or I file a formal complaint to the league office.

    Other than that... awesome update! I always love looking at the stats of longish seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I didn't find this blog sooner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the updates. I know my focus was on getting guys on base, and I have a high OBP. If I didn't lead the league in OC's I think I would have two more wins!

    ReplyDelete