Monday, June 28, 2021

The 2020-2021 NBA Showdown Set

 Hello everyone, and today is the day we are releasing the full NBA Showdown set, with a little (big) bonus at the very end for everyone to enjoy if they so choose. This was a lot of work as I said in the last post, over me battling my own thoughts before coming to a consistent method to created these cards. I had a ton of fun making the rare cards, adding a color filter on them to make them stand out a little more, and each team received at least one. I can't state this enough that the cards are based on regular season performances and stats so some players that have stepped up in the playoffs, didn't make the cut or their card just isn't that good.

Lets meet the Conference Finalists, starting in the Eastern Conference, The Milwaukee Bucks. Led by Giannis, and his two very talented teammates Khris Middleton and Jrue Holiday, the Bucks are a very good team in showdown terms. Multi-positional flexibility from their three stars and some decent role players, Losing Divincenzo for the playoffs was a big blow to their defense and outside shooting but the team held strong, and now look to head to the NBA Finals if they can get past the Atlanta Hawks.









The Atlanta Hawks have been my surprise of the post season so far. In my head I picked them to get past the Knicks based on depth, but after that I didn't see them going any further. Trae Young showed tremendous growth in the playoffs as a leader and just flat out superstar. His running mates provide tons of punch in different areas of the game and compliment each other very well. It is always nice to see some new blood in the conference finals. The intriguing storyline for myself, is Bogdan Bogdanovic playing against the Bucks, the team he was traded to in the offseason, but the NBA blocked the trade due to potential (unproven) tampering, and thinking how well he would have fit in on this Bucks team. 









The Western Conference Finals
The Phoenix Suns, overcoming a Chris Paul first round hamstring injury, knocking out the defending Champion Lakers, and followed that up by sweeping the NBA MVP and his Denver Nuggets, the Suns surged into the conference finals to then find out Chris Paul needed to quarantine for Covid reasons, causing him to miss the first two games of the Conference Finals. This team played so well all season, and continue to see they young stars in Devin Booker and De'Andre Ayton learn from all time great Chris Paul. 








The Los Angeles Clippers, always considered that other team in LA, but this year can finally make their own history, reaching the Conference Finals for the first time in the teams history, take that Blake Griffin, and looking to go to and win their first NBA Finals as well. Led by two wing dynamic super stars, Kawhi Leonard, and Paul George who re-emerged as Playoff P once Kawhi went down with an injury, guiding his team past the Utah Jazz with a huge contribution from Terrance Mann as well. 










Those are the final four teams all looking to go play for the NBA Championship. Now normally we post full sets all in one post, but as we saw with our big bot posts, it slowed the blog, so I figured I would give a shine to the remaining teams, and anyone wanting to see the rest of the cards can download the full sized set right here following the link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pDpwu6bo2XFc-wScGUmUYaimaFJpAQJo?usp=sharing


The Bonus: As I said there would be a bonus at the end for anyone that was interested. There's been so many great NBA players over the years, and I wanted to shine on some of them because with MLB once I learned how to make cards, I had to make all the classic players that I loved. So lets calls this 4 Decades of NBA Showdown. Since I made the 20-21 set, I went back and made the 2010-2011 set, 2000-2001 (the OG Remake in my formulas) and the 1990-1991 Set. Tons of players to choose from and play with












 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm seriously impressed with your output!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I would love to use these, but could you explain to me how this is legal with the pictures of the players, etc? Would love to use them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its just fan art and not for sale, so there is no reason for it to be illegal. you can print them yourself and use them

      Delete
    2. Oh that's awesome! I love your simulations of seasons in MLB and NBA! Where did you find the art?

      Delete
  3. The cards all look great! Have you changed the rules since you first put out NBA showdown cards? The original set and rules you put out included fatigue, but I do not see that on any of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late response, but yes i switched back to the original game rules. I love the idea of fatigue, but things i didnt account for was every players stats were geared for 4 quarters, so if they could only play 2 or 3 quarters i would then have to re adjust my sheet to account for all of those stats in a smaller scale. I went back trying to mimic the original to include those as well. When I play, I play the cold markers as an automatic coming out of the game for a quarter to give a better sim to the game for player minutes and having off nights. I do miss the strategy of fatigue tho

      Delete
    2. Hi Runne130, i've been following your blog entries here since 2019, i want to get in touch with you for a card that i made for you as a gift, but i don't have the values as you know the algorythm to get them.
      Can you email me the values of Kobe when he was the MVP in 2008 season?
      I really want to give this card to you as a big thank you for your works.
      I hope you will ever see this, take care, a hug!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the links are down. They have not been working for me. Could you please repost the links?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job here, amazing!!! The links are down. Please Runne130, it would be great if those links worked again. Can you please repost or provide the files? I love the NBA in the MJ-era and those 1990/1991 cards would be awesome!! Thank you very much and greetings from Spain!

      Delete