Thursday, March 17, 2022

2021 MLB Showdown Set -- Remaining Teams

 I've been moving slowly on this -- just so much life stuff and the time I do have for showdown has been consumed by the 30 for 30 league. With Hot Stove kicking into full gear and coming up, I figured this was the most efficient way of sharing the remaining cards from the 2021 Set: a full drop of the google folder!


One of the guys who hasn't been shared yet, Olson got a foil in 2021 
and will be a cornerstone for Atlanta for next 8 years!

All you have to do is click this LINK HERE to our google drive folder containing each team. Again, simply click the "link here" and it'll take you to the 2021 MLB Set. I hope you enjoy them as much as we like making them :) 

Just so this post isn't completely boring, here are some of my fav cards -- mainly because of their aesthetics -- included in the google drive folder:



Black jerseys on Mets' players >>>

One of my favorite players for nearly the last decade (yes, prospect Buxton was my beloved jewel), Byron's 2021, injury-shortened year FINALLY made a card worth his hype... I can't wait to use it!

The first cutout we made for the 2021 set, we knew it as soon as we saw this staredown


Devastated to learn Mitch is going to Texas... but we'll always have 2019

The MVP, Pennant Run Bryce is based off his hot stretch where he took over

(This is more a shout out to Jeff and the fun debates re: the final foil in the set... 
we relented to Jeff's arguments re: the 2001 PR set for prospects and foiled this nightmare)


So hyped to see a Tier 2 in Detroit again!

Still wild to me that he got a Speed B, but he's still one of the more versatile cards in the set. 
Also, great leadoff or #3 hitter!


1080 points gets you a Tier 2 starter and stud OF for the middle of your lineup simultaneously,
definitely understand why he won the MVP



Honestly.... I'm really underwhelmed how this turned out,
especially since you have to pay for the +4 at both positions. 
Stinks the HR numbers were more a result of his league-leading 724 PA than a HR/PA% that would've gotten him in the 15-20 HR range. Still, great middle of order thumper.

The only OB 12, I can feel the heart eyes forming on WDR's face

Not bad for a down year

Absolutely gorgeous card, I hope he's back on the field soon
(Even if 2019 Garver >>> 2019 Tatis)

Probably my favorite cut out, period. Way to go Matt on this one!

And of course, I can't forget this CRISP card -- definitely taking after his dad at the plate!



Well, I hope you enjoy the cards and the full set!!! We should have cards for the hot stove in a month or so once the players start showing up for their new squads :) 




4 comments:

  1. That Buxton card is SEXY! And I will miss Garver, too. Go Twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling a lot better after they got Correa and Sonny!! GO TWINS!!

      Delete
  2. I freely admit I didn't pay much attention to baseball this past year; did teams use a lot of pitchers in the 'swing' role or were starters just on a tight leash? So many IP 4 starters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More so tight leash! After the short 2020 season, I think pitch counts were especially limited to attempt to limit injuries based on drastic increases in workload from 2020 to 2021! I believe only FOUR pitchers even made it over 200 IP in 2021.

      Delete