Friday, August 23, 2019

2018 MLB SHOWDOWN SET -- Seattle Mariners

Whattttttt the last team?? You mean.. the set is finally done. YES!!! it only took a year but we have all the teams finally done. Did we save the best for last? Maybe. It certainly looks very visually well done. But I'll let you judge that. So the last team on the list is the Seattle Mariners. They finished 89-73 Which is very respectable but did not make the playoffs. They built a fine respectable team though they quickly dismantled that team here in 2019. The team itself here for 2018 should have a handful of very draftable people. Let me know what your thoughts are on it and the set overall as a whole.

Podcast





Here is the lineup. Overall respectable with a handful of low cards that could find spots on teams to make budget.













BENCH




 No 10s made the team this year but had some 9s and 8s which is enough to do some damage though it quickly drops off.
The starting pitching is probably the highlight of the team minus King Felix. With 4 of the 5 starters above 300 pts that will help this team win some games.






Bullpen








With the bullpen the good pitching continues. I actually thing all 4 are needed in a big league even Zach Duke. Hes a stud for 20pts. Obviously Edwin Diaz is a monster though again not on the Mariners anymore. But I think overall people will have fun with this team.


Let me know your thoughts and as always follow me on Twitter @bobbumbarger

4 comments:

  1. WOOHOO I CANNOT BELIEVE WE DID IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebratory shot on google hangouts?? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the awesome work! Do you guys also maintain spreadsheets or some other type of file that describes all of the player card stats? I'm interested on getting my hands on the raw data that backs these card images! Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set!

    As a long-time Seattle fan, it pains me a little such a great-looking King Felix card with such frightening numbers... but that's the reality. At his best, he was incredible.

    Great work on the set as a whole, though. It's been fun to watch it unfold.

    ReplyDelete