Friday, June 28, 2019

Some Unposted Creations

While I have been busy with the Big Showdown League, and Bob and Peter been working on our 2018 set, we haven't had many new cards posted to the blog in a while. Well that is certainly about to change as I realized I had a bunch of cards I randomly made that I should probably share for those that like to play random games, or all time teams and such to let the cards battle it out. Now there is a wide range of cards here, plus at one time I found a website that had cutouts for so many players, which I can no longer access but the cutouts that I saved from that site I used to make 2006 season versions of those players, I chose that year off completely random, so we will call it my 2006 Subset.
There are many variations of cards in here from all different types of seasons and decades, so I hope you enjoy these extra cards.
First we have Adrian Gonzalez from the 2010 San Diego Padres, due to the lack of good showdown cards from the Padres he's immediately one of their better players they have, Pennant Run  Ryan Klesko still beats him out for the starting spot, unless you want to DH Klesko for Gonzalez defense.

I never had the 01 Pennant Run A-Rod so I thought I would make his MVP card from 2003, and YOWZA what a stud, he is better than his 2001 card based of projections from a card with his real stats. Easy to see why he would win MVP that year.

I may have posted the Babe once before but couldn't remember so we will honor this legend with his dominant card, who are you taking, Babe or A-Rod?

This is a career perspective card based on his Red Sox career from 1969-1980. I combined all the stats and averaged them out to a 600 AB average. In the running to start on an all-time Red Sox team, which is a tough lineup to make it onto. Do you think I should make more Career Cards like this one?


Here we have two Curtis Granderson, Peter helped me out with the Yankees version, but figured I would share it because what a season he had doing it all in 2011. 2007 isn't bad either and with Granderson, you can bank on extra bases if he gets the advantage. Points wise Granderson is one of the better Yankees in the outfield for an all time team. 

As I mentioned in a comment on the 1990 Athletics, Dennis Eckersley won the Cy Young in 1992 and this is the card that he turned out. Personally I like the 1990 version better as his stats were better that season as well, just had 4 less saves. Can't go wrong with this version either if you are strapped for points building a team.

His 2018 card re-imagined for Players weekend, same stats just a new cutout and added the Mr. Smile to Frankie's card. Guaranteed to have you smiling if the pitcher gives up the advantage to Lindor.

A request for Gary Sanchez made this card possible, I posted this one on twitter but not on the blog so here is another powerful Yankee, like they need anymore of those. This was a fantastic season and it seems like this version but better might be on the way for 2019.

Speedster Jose Reyes had an awesome year in 2011 and I needed some great Mets for their all time team. 

A fond memory I have being downtown in Cleveland when detroit was in town, Magglio Ordonez was walking the streets and someone was chasing him fro an autograph and I just remember him yelling out MAGGLIO!!!!! until he got his attention for an autograph. 

Mike Schmidt was an all time great third basemen, and I love the old school color scheme and jerseys in this card. The player isn't so bad either in what would be a dominant all time Phillies infield of Howard, Utley, Rollins and Schmidt.  

Oh look another Yankee that will give you fits trying to get out, Robinson Cano had a stellar 2012 from the fielding to the batting chart whats not to like about this card, reminds me of 2000 Roberto Alomar.


Peter challenged me to make the 1968 Indians because the offense was flat out terrible going 86-75 but had 2 sub 2.00 ERA starters in Tiant and McDowell. Tiant won 21 games, and if thie tribe didn't have these guys in the rotation combining for 36 of their 86 wins it could have been a really ugly season. The rest of the players would have been pretty useless plus pictures were hard to come by so I went with the two work horses. 

My creation of Super Ohtani, from the 2018 set cards, but I combined them together for managers that draft him for both positions you have one 700 point monster player. 

1967 YAZ, the Red Sox have a storied franchise and this is just another one of those players that would make beating them a hell of a lot harder. Out through 2 and can do it on both sides of the field.

1998!!!!!!


One of my fondest baseball memories when I was a kid was watching the home run race unfold in 1998 between Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa. Every night ESPN would show their at bats on baseball tonight and I was hooked. These two got me more into baseball than anyone I can remember and just a short time after the game of showdown came out and the rest is history. These two mashers will punish anyone that makes a mistake to them, and could lead your league in homers any year. I am also really fond of this Sosa cutout I did.

2006 Sub-Set

Here are the 2006 cards that I made, most are pretty random I can say, some of the points may seem a little high on some, it was early on into my creating stages.
First I was going to make the 2006 Twins but instead I made their top 4 players




2006 Mets Big 3



The Rest of the 2006 Sub-Set

























Wild thing, you make my heart sing
You make everything groovy, wild thing
Oh come on, come on wild thing

I found stats from the movie so I had to make the Iconic Wild Think Ricky Vaughn for some Showdown fun. Be careful, things can get pretty wild when he's on the mound.

 So there ya go another 52 cards to play with, I hope you enjoy them and can find the time to play some games with them and have some fun match-ups. What was your favorite card from those posted, what kind of content would you like to see more of. Hopefully I'll come up with some more content to share soon, and as always follow me on twitter @mlbshowdowncup for more baseball and showdown talk, and to stay up on the Big League as the season progresses.

14 comments:

  1. These are amazing.i love the mac sosa cards. I took stats for the whole major league movie so if you want there stats hit me up. I took them for all players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love that Sosa it just fits the card perfectly and pops

      Delete
  2. There cannot be too many career cards or HoF cards ever.

    Also, Sudden Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Love the Ricky Vaughn card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO AWESOME!!!!!! Great great job, these are superb! I especially love the Carlton Fisk career perspective card!!! I think cards like that, especially ones utilizing a 3 or 5 year peak for a player, would be SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd take Babe over A-Rod easy. Only 3 outs on the chart and one more homer AND one more OB point for just 40 more points? I think that outweighs the advantage A-Rod has in position and speed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome man!!! love the dump of cards!! been meaning to get back to contributing and between this and slow week at work, I'm gonna get something out.

    The more career cards the better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you recommend printing off the cards from your experience? I love the HOF cards, would love to see a Ted Williams and Yaz cards at some point (unless you've already made them). I really like the Carlton Fisk one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what I have always done is open a google doc, and copy and paste the cards into it, wth proper spacing you can get 9 cards per page, when I cut them out I use an old strategy card or duplicate and put that behind the card in a soft sleeve so it looks more official. If I run out I use playing cards

      Delete
    2. Thats a good idea but what I did was take 2 card images and joined them together side by side and saved it as a JPEG and did this with all the cards I wanted and uploaded them to Walgreens.com and ordered each one as a 4x6 photo and then cut it down the middle. Each card is about the exact size as the real deal and they are amazing quality. Plus, if you order more than 100 photos there is a coupon that makes them 10 cents each. I ordered 115 photos (230 cards) for only 12 bucks.

      Delete
  8. You are seriously doing God's work with these cards. Were there any other stats available from 'Major League'? If so, I'd love a card of Willy Mays Hays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure I'm just being lazy and other images of other cards may be elsewhere but is there a single database that has all images/cards you've made over the years versus the ones included in various posts?

    ReplyDelete