Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Re-Introduction: The Greatest of Cleveland Baseball

 Hello baseball, long time no see! A lot has changed in the showdown world since May 28th 2018. For one that was my first post on the blog, and as you can see in my old creations, I have since been given the tools to make the cards look a lot better. Early days shoutout to Bob and Peter for the templates to guide me into better cards, and then learning photoshop. Also since then the blog expanded, my favorite discord ever was created, and then after that Matt Gula dropped the greatest showdown creation of all time in the Showdown Bot (check it out if you haven't yet somehow). 


A few guys that aren't included due to it being prior to 1993

So what I am doing with this post, is somewhat reintroducing one of my first posts on the blog which was the Greatest Cleveland Indians, and I did it from 1992-2017. In my re-introduction, I opened the bots explore page and searched Cleveland players from 1993-2023 going off of our 30/30 type draft that we did. There are 85 Cleveland players ranging from those years mixed in and they are using V1 card for all of them. I followed the 30/30 draft requirements for the most part, there was a couple outliers that for fun just needed to be added. I did it as a team style 5 players at each position, plus 20 Starters and 20 Relievers. Instead of teams, I am going to separate them by the positions I put them in because I haven't drafted the teams yet.


Catchers





First Base






Second Base





Third Base




Shortstop






Left Field





Center Field





Right Field


(Had to include this season as he had been incredible)




DH - Only 1 actual DH, the rest we're 2 below the qualifications for PAs and then the other two were just 6th best at their position.





Starters





















Bullpen




















If you were a GM in this Cleveland Legends Draft, Who are you taking first overall?

I highly encourage you to do this with you favorite team to add into your collection to make your drafts deeper, even if its not a full 85 cards it was a lot of fun to do. 

For those that weren't around back then or just want to see where it originated, here are the 3 initial teams
Block C
Team Wahoo
Team Script I

No comments:

Post a Comment