Friday, May 11, 2018

Flash Back Friday

Its another addition of everyone's favorite blog column!!!!! (I think...) It's Flash Back Friday! So whats on the docket for today's discussion. Well these next 2 cards were requested by a fellow MLB Showdown enthusiast Kevin. So please do not ask me why he picked these 2 players, they would not have been my first choices but they are fun and different. I believe the second player got picked to test an example of OBP methods by the first player. So who are these weird players you ask? None other than Chone Figgins 2009 and Adam Dunn 2007.

Chone had a fantastic year in 2009. It was his only year in his 12 year career that he made the All Star game. In an impressive 729 PA he managed 114 Runs 183 hits 54 RBIs stole 42 bases and had a stellar 101 walks. He only managed to hit 5HRs but that's not important. What is important is that crazy .395 OBP which helps him be a 10 in MLB Showdown. So how did this card turn out?




My buddy Kevin was not too happy about seeing no Home Runs but come on.... 5 HRs in 729 PA.

Then he tasked me with his next guy to test this OBP with walks another walk monster. In his 14 year career he actually had 128 walks in 2002 but only 26 home runs versus the 40 he had in 2007. BOOM! Now you have a guy hitting 40 HRs with 106 RBIs (his highest RBI year) and 101 walks. Now you might say in 2008 his numbers were slightly better but he had 22 less runs. So we are going with a 101 Runs in 2007 with a nice .386 OBP. Again dont ask me too much about this guy I did it as a request. I doubt anyone is drafting this guy. But it is fun to talk about.



As always follow me on Twitter for sneak peaks etc @BobBumbarger

4 comments:

  1. Is it possible to order the whole set for 2018? I’d love to play with today’s players . Please email me Jsoldano89@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now we haven't worked on the 2018 set yet. We will be working on that as soon as the season ends. As we finish players we post them.

      Delete
  2. Any chance you can make some of the missing replacement players with '99 stats/ '00 card format?

    Benny Agbayani and Rick Reed for the Mets
    and Damian Miller for the Diamondbacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take a stab at it this upcoming week

      Delete