Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Salary Cap

As we know there is an actually salary cap in MLB showdown. This is a good thing, it allows for more fair play and also allows for more of a strategy within the game itself. Most leagues range from 5000-6000 points. I run a 5000 point salary cap league and I'd have to say all the teams see very equal because of this. The key then is to look for the those "steals", the low salary high reward players. After reading this you may be like well Bob stop posting super high salary all star players that nobody can afford... I know I know. But people like those big bomb players haha. And they keep requesting them. But now its time to introduce some other players. Less purple cobras more average joes! Well at least for this week anyway. I did spoil these a little earlier on twitter for those that follow me.

Lets now take a look at Mr. Starlin Castro. He did play with the yankees last year but I put him in his 2018 uniform. He finished 2017 with an OBP of .338 and SLG .454 while only hitting 16 home runs and 63 RBIs. Like I said... average joe.



Next up lets look at a pretty good fielder in CF by the name of Ender Inciarte. That was a mouthful. This guy has some speed. stealing 22 bases last year while still hitting 11 HRs not bad. He had a .350 OBP and SLG of .409. I love using the high defensive people for my teams. It allows me throw out extra runners when people get greedy.  


As always follow me on Twitter @BobBumbarger


2 comments:

  1. Great as always. The unsung heroes are always fun to see get going when you are playing in a league and a guy has a 5 control pitcher and you have a 7 on base n somehow that guy is only capable of rolling a 1 or 2 every time he bats and you get some pop from the bottom of your order

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so use that Ender Inciarte

    ReplyDelete