Thursday, September 19, 2019

Middle League Results

The Middle Leagues Results

The Middle Leagues wrapped up yesterday after 8 teams played a 3 game series against each other team, plus a 4 team postseason. As a reminder, each team had only 4000 points and were comprised solely of players who were not drafted in Matt's Big Leagues. I used the same stat sheets and rules, and the two leagues existed at the same time. There were a few trades between unaffiliated teams, but most of the activity came from managers calling players up and sending players down. Anyway, here are the results after 7 weeks:




Paxton boasted the best record coming into the playoffs, with a 15-6 record. The Golden Retrievers won the Adam Eaton division, going 13-8. The two teams eventually faced each other after winning their respective pennants, and the Golden Retrievers won game 7 in dramatic fashion on a Joe Mauer 2b to score Nelson Cruz.  You can read more about the results of the league, the playoffs, and stat leaders after each week by visiting http://showdownfans.com/forums/games-results-and-playoffs.81/

You can also see the full stats through 7 weeks by visiting the League's Sheet: 

To all those who participated, thank you. I hope you had as much fun as I did. And more importantly, I learned a lot from this League, I know and freely admit my stat keeping wasn't perfect.  For example, somehow I ended up with a leaguewide negative run differential. I don't know how that happened. But the things I learned will be really helpful for future leagues, which brings me to announcing a new league:

The Legacy League

This is in the early planning stages, but I'd like to gauge interest in a league like this. It would be a dynasty league with an auction style draft each year, contracts, and stadiums. I'm looking for a co-commissioner to help play games and run the league. I am also looking for folks who want to GM. If that's you, please email me at antilogygaming@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. i'm potentially interested in that league

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like a fantasy football league you can never have enough of them, I’m in sounds like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete