Friday, April 20, 2018

Flash Back Friday - 1969

The year is 1969... I have no idea what is happening at this time because I was not born yet... My parents were barely born. But in the baseball world some studs were playing! We are talking Hank Aaron, Frank Robinson, Roberto Clemente, and Pete Rose. The New York Mets beat the Baltimore Orioles in the World Series which was a huge upset.


Around the world or not around the world the moon landing is taking place... if you believe in that stuff. Rumor has it they were searching for some baseballs that were hit by some power mashers. The two that I'm referring to are none other than Mr. Harmon Killebrew (what a awesome name) and a very young Reggie Jackson. Harmon hit 49 home runs that year for the twins wining the MVP and Reggie Reggie Reggie hit 47 for the Athletics. So I figured it was well worth making these players and showcasing them here to all of you. Let me know your thoughts. And as always follow me on Twitter @BobBumbarger



No comments:

Post a Comment