Tuesday, April 17, 2018

New to Blogging! Home Run 2017 Hitters

Hello all!!!! anddddd Play Ball! My name is Bob Bumbarger. I am now a contributing "blogger"... writer? Post-er... to this blog site! I will give you a brief history of myself and talk about what I'm working on.
I started playing MLB showdown in 2000 for the first set. It was AWESOME! me and my friends quickly fell in love with it. We played till around the 2002 season where we started to fall away from the art as well as the higher on-base with the players. We play a little differently and don't use the strategy cards. I have found no reason to use them and playing it out regularly has yielding good results. So you will see that a lot of my style and favoritism is to the 00-01 style.
While in the time of not playing that I played a lot of MTG. This is where my collecting fever came over me and I decided I needed to at least own all the cards in the 2000 set. This was my favorite set with Big Mac and Sosa and Griffey and Bonds... mmm steroids. Gotta love the Steriod era just like the attitude era in wrestling. Anyway... once I got some money I collected all the 2000 series set but had nobody to play with so I decided to display my love on my walls.








Fast forward  a long time now married and having a kid. The wife doesn't want these on her walls. So I decide to resurrect some old friends and get a draft set up and form a league. I'm sure I will post about this later. While playing with my buddies I had so much fun I got a few more cards from other fan sites etc. I even dabbled in Clutch 2017. I do like a lot of the concepts from clutch but it does suck not having the pictures and became too time consuming with my friends with the strategy cards. So we are back to the 00-01 style.
I started thinking what if I make my own cards for my buddies to play with like I have seen others do. So I started to dabble last year during the end of the regular season and have finally started to perfect my art. I couldn't help to start with the 2 home run monsters Aaron Judge and Giancarlo (Mike) Stanton. After going back and forth with formulas and salaries I think I finally have something worth sharing for everyone. Now you all can enjoy some Home Run monsters. Feel free to critique it only helps us all grow and get better. Feel free to drop some requests on future cards. Feel free to reach out or follow me on Twitter @BobBumbarger. Without further delay.....


Hopefully you guys have as much fun as I did with these cards. Hope to see you all as I continue to post. Also I don't proofread and I type as I think and talk. So.... yea... ☺

-Bob

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic man, welcome aboard, and love the cards you made

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going more into what you said, I play a similar way I never used strategy cards, to me it seemed to take away from the game for me. I had two friends that also played and we would sit on the porch all summer long enjoying the game. After 00&01 we’re both out we had full sets of each so we made a full roster for each team and ran a season and man that was a great summer I was in 8th grade and we kept the stats of homers rbis for batters and wins losses saves for pitchers. It was a really great time and after we all moved away the only way I could play was just playing the game by myself. So strategy cards were obsolete. The more players we have available now to go along with the 00-01 series are great for me to add in to some more classic teams. I started working on last seasons cards and lost momentum after the World Series and I wish I would have made a full set of last season. I’m hoping to keep it together this year and make a set based on the current season once the regular season ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS! I would like to as well. I will join in on the 2018 season as well. Lets also hope the Indians can be as good as there 2000 series cards haha.

      Delete
  3. Hahha yeah my Alcs between the 2000-2001 cards was the indians vs the mariners. Those teams were so loaded. Last years Edwin added with lindor from the year before would be a funa edition to those Indians teams. But where it really gets interesting is the current pitching staff matches with the 2000 offense

    ReplyDelete