Sunday, May 24, 2020

1996 Season Preview

Immmm back! Maybe... sometimes? I'm here when I can be. Luckily I've been able to have some free time with the pandemic to get some 1996 cards done for everyone. The set is finally calculated. I keep tinkering with it probably because its my baby. I know.. never tinker! But I had to. Some of our great genius minds on the discord and twitter were able to help me with better statistics. I went from Spd to BsR. I also fixed the IP issue with some of these pitchers going heavy deep making no sense for a 6C guy or 5C. No set can ever be perfect and I know we have some more ideas to make 2020? if they play set better. But at least this was a good test for me to keep tinkering with.





I've narrowed it down to 480 players for the season. I had to set minimum limits on at-bats and innings to keep it as accurate as possible. There 261 Batters, 100 Starters, and 199 Relievers. I hope this a very comprehensive set. This will be a quick post because I just wanted to get it out to the universe that it was being done. So I have a few cards to preview, also if you follow me on twitter you will also see preview cards as I get them done. If you saw cards posted in the past those were tests and demo's. Now will start to be the official cards with card numbers on the bottom. I will also be including a "foil" symbol for the "rares" if your into that sort of thing. I also am putting in the MVP and CY Young Symbols because I like to know who won that award that year. I struggled with a good spot but I resolved to have it above the chart box. I also as you can see I went with the 2001 style card. This helps with older cards because of the images available. Well enough rambling below are 4 cards from the upcoming set.






Hope you like it. As always follow me on twitter. @BobBumbarger

2 comments: