Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Pinstripe Post: Twins and White Sox

Time for a weekend Pinstripe post, featuring the two teams suggested by the fans in my previous pinstripe post: the Twins and the White Sox! Minnesota had a lot of fun pinstripe backgrounds out there to try and I applied them to MVP Joe Mauer and peak Kirby Puckett. Meanwhile, the White Sox were a bit more of an artistic struggle, but I tried a few combinations on their best current player, Jose Abreu. Because his cards are kinda meh, I added his normal 2017 card to the mix too! Enjoy!




Joe Mauer looks good on pinstripes, and I'm particularly partial to the cream color pinstripe look. It's unique compared to the Phillies and Brewers cards I've put out, while it also really says "Twins" to me!




The final card was my attempt at slightly altering the pinstripes at an angle so they weren't quite so vertical, while the first card is purely vertical lines. I don't know if they're just too close together or what, but I don't like how they turned out. I actually prefer the "reverse" pinstripe look of the middle card, making a black background while adding white pinstripes and a white "White Sox" logo. It's a cool negative image effect and stands alone in the Showdown pinstripe design collection.



I love Kirby Puckett, and I adore him with the grey and white pinstripe background. There's just something so "late 80s, early 90s" Twins about those backings and I can almost here the rocking of the Metrodome in the World Series when I look at him. Doesn't hurt that he's a completely awesome and valuable CF card too!

BONUS: 2017 normal Jose Abreu and 2014 Chris Sale, for any White Sox fans justifiably disappointed with the way the pinstripes turned out!


(Jose Abreu is a total stud at 1B. Not the OB some would hope for, but SOOOOO much pop with a double at 11 and HR at 16. Plus not bad speed and great value for 420 points)

(What an absolute ace Chris Sale is, definitely earned this top-of-the-rotation level card in 2014!)

(the "secondary color" scheme I'm testing out for the Chi-Sox)

2 comments:

  1. I really like all the different options for each team. The secondary for the White Sox is awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some teams secondary uniform pick is really tricky to figure out, and then ends up looking awesome! Sometimes it doesn't (aka the Royals... maybe I'll go with a deeper grey than CWS for them)

      Delete