Thursday, February 7, 2019

Baseball Movie List

It's almost time for the baseball season to begin. I don't know about you but I'm excited. Luckily we have all these great Showdown cards to keep everyone going on the off days. I know we have great content coming up this Spring training and through out the year so keep tuned. Me and my league are doing our 1 day drinking tournaments as well as getting prepped for our 16 man league with the 2018 set once its fully released. In the meantime how are we to fill our nights??

Well I for one am going to try to fill them with a plethora of baseball movies. I have put together a big list of baseball movies to get us through this down time through pitchers and catchers reporting and spring training. I will also be reviewing the movies on Twitter @BobBumbarger. You can let me know your thoughts on these as well or any movies I may have missed that aren't on the list. I will start on 2/7/19.

Lets start off with the spring training list to get you warmed up:

Baseball - Ken Burns Documentary 1-12



Now that you have watched that and got your history lesson its time for the main event. The list is in no particular order, I just put them into a list for me and the family to watch,

1. League of Their Own
2. Bad News Bears (Original)
3. Major League 1
4. Angels in the Outfield
5. Bang the Drum Slowly
6. The Pride of the Yankees
7. Mr. Baseball
8. Rookie of the Year
9. The Pride of St. Louis
10. The Life and Times of Hank Greenberg
11. Fear Strikes Out
12. The Babe
13. Major League 2
14. Million Dollar Arm
15. Summer Catch
16. The Natural
17. Bad News Bears (Remake)
18. Sugar
19. Damn Yankees
20. The Stratton Story
21. Up for Grabs
22. The Scout
23. Long Gone
24. Major League 3
25. The Sandlot
26. Mr. 3000
27. Ball Player Peloter
28. The Rookie
29. Cobb
30. 61
31. Fever Pitch
32. Trouble with the Curve
33. Off the Black
34. The Fan
35. Field of Dreams
36. 8 Men Out
37. For the Love of the Game
38. Bull Durham
39. Little Big League

40. Hardball
41. Money Ball
42. 42

It's a tall task to get all these in before the season starts but I will try my best. A few others that didn't make the list but if I have time I will watch.

Blue Skies Again
Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Ed
The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings



3 comments:

  1. Wonder what some cards for Wild Thing or Crash Davis or some of the other guys might be like

    ReplyDelete