Thursday, June 14, 2018

Playing with Pinstripes

As an old-school Brewers fan, the only team we've ever really had to remember fondly is the 1982 Brewers. Harvey's Wallbangers won the AL Pennent and lost the World Series in 7 games, but you would think they went 150-12 and swept the playoffs by the way they're idolized in Milwaukee. The two biggest stars on that team were future Hall of Famers Robin Yount and Paul Molitor, icons to me growing up. Therefore, they had to be the players I tested out pinstripe backgrounds on! I went side-by-side with the traditional showdown look to give it a real feel, but I'm definitely partial to a good pinstriped background!






I think the biggest lesson is how important it is to have a non-pinstripe uniform on the pinstripe card, as Molitor pops more to me than Yount does. However, I still like the unique, more old school feel of pinstripe Yount over traditional blue-back Yount! But I'm very, very biased.

Something tells me this pinstripe look could look especially swanky on a certain team hailing from the Bronx.... What do you think? Let me know what teams would look good with a pinstripe background!

Also next up from me WILL be the Classic Mets, so they're coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. I agree the non pinstriped uniform looks better. As for another team...The White Sox players in their black or greys would look fitting on a pinstripe card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the work on these players! The Twins to me have always been a quintessential pinstripes bunch. Thanks for the classic players

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next pinstripe edition will feature the White Sox and Twins! White Sox have been a little tricky (the wallpaper for a White Sox Pinstripe is too far spaced out), but I am working to make something work. I'm going to try the tilting for the White Sox (plus putting out a normal 2017 Jose Abreu since the pinstripe one may be a bit of a mess)

    Meanwhile, I already had Joe Mauer's MVP season and Kirby Puckett's best season made so adding some pinstripe backgrounds is easy and quick! We'll have normal home white, grey, and the alternate cream backgrounds for a little "which one do we like more"!

    ReplyDelete