Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Secondary Colors

So I've been testing this out and I need to work on my fonts. Fortunately, I have some cards to use from Bob to play around with, which explains why some have better looking fonts than others. Anyway, here's some fun alternate backing cards to add some sizzle to your Showdown collection!


2012 Ryan Braun: Even though he won the MVP in 2011, I went with the 2012 version that hit 41 Homers while keeping A speed and blasting a ton of doubles too. Too bad the PED bust will forever taint this card, but it'd still be a bunch of fun to lock into a lineup's #3 hole. An all around stud card!




2011 Justin Upton: I love this black D-Backs design, definitely excited to put it to use for players wearing the red tops. Anyway, Upton was the primary offensive threat in 2011, helping Arizona win the NL West. Useful corner outfielder for any lineup, with easily one of the coolest secondary color schemes.



2014 Clayton Kershaw: Probably my least favorite of this group of cards, but also easily the most dominant. Kershaw won both the Cy Young and MVP in 2014, putting up a 1.77 ERA and 0.857 WHIP. Clayton deserves this Pedro-like card, even if it's on a very blank canvas.


Robinson Cano, Free Agent special: This is the Robbie Cano that Mariners fans expected to get in Seattle. Sure, he's been good and made the all star team three out of his first four years, but Cano has struggled to hit with power and get a consistent OBP like he did in 2012 and 2013 for the Yankees. Also, I think this backdrop surpasses Arizona for my favorite design.


2011 Zach Grienke: I'm reposting Zach because I did a little tweaking to his chart design, changed the font around, and added a glow to make Zach pop a little more. It's not perfect (although I still adore the wheat look), but any Brewer fan needs to print this guy out for their collection/MLB Showdown rotation!

6 comments:

  1. As a fan of the 00/01 sets-I love the way these look. Has more pop than the actual 00 cards which I like. Awesome cards too-would have a lot of fun playing with these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback! Feel free to copy/paste/print and play with as many cards as you want! We're just trying to keep the game alive on this site and providing as many usable, fun cards as we can. Is there any player in particular you would like to see?

      Delete
  2. Awesome stuff, it just keeps getting better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more we practice, the better it gets! Definitely on the rise

      Delete
    2. Really love the 2000-2001 looking cards. Keep it alive. Would love some more of that Royals 2015 team!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Kyle, I'll definitely add the 2015 Royals to my list! I've got the charts and cool title logo, so it should happen sometime before August!

      Delete