Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Taking a Stab at the Classic MLB Showdown look

Inspired by Bob's amazing work recreating the 2000 set, I designed to take a spin at it with one of my favorite moments in baseball history -- when the Brewers had Zach Grienke. The Classic Set Mets are coming soon (still in my usual, unique style), but I'm hoping to create some more like this fine card over the next few months! I'm not thrilled with all my font choices, and the spacing needs work, but I'm definitely proud of the unique wheat-colored background I gave Zach and the overall card for a first attempt quickly thrown together in between bar prep lectures. I think there's too many bland navy blue and red cards, so anytime I get the chance to spice a card up like this in the future, I'm going to take it! Anyway, enjoy and happy Tuesday!


5 comments:

  1. that gold background is very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a stud pitcher right there, great looking card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background in this card and the Cano card. The secondary colors are a great look and help differentiate the cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely agree.... perhaps secondary color schemes could be a fun/easy way to make "foil" cards in this print-em-yourself era???

      Delete
  4. The compilation effort is amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete